Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hello World!

Here I go with another new blog.  I have this great desire to explore religion ... my own and others ... and what better way is there to do this than to blog it?

As you may have guessed from the blog's title, I'm a Mormon.  Why in the world would I pick this one religion out of many?  This is one of the several questions I will try to answer.  While exploring my own thought processes, I hope to uncover some new and interesting insights.  And hopefully I'll be able to engage you, the reader.  We can figure things out together.

In particular, I enjoy exploring science and philosophies, and aiming to find harmonies with religion.  After all, if a religion is "true" then wouldn't you expect the religion to be consistent with science and anything else that is considered to be "true"?  (We can come back to this question later.  It's an interesting discussion all by itself.)

Also, over the next couple (or few) years, I will be putting together a book, which will appear in its entirety on this blog.  And you all get to critique my work and help create a better product.  I will first put out a first draft and allow any interested parties to comment as I go along.  Then when I create a second draft, I will consider the comments that were made on the first draft, and so on.

It'll be a fun experiment ... we'll see how it turns out.

Welcome to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment