Sunday, February 9, 2014

The First Month

Yeah! This blog has reached its first month. Let's take a look at it while it's practically nothing. Then later when the blog is more popular, we can compare and see how far it's gotten.

Here is the viewing history since January 10:


This graph misses the first few days, where I had approximately 30 views. But look at that big blip around Jan 13, when I posted "My Book's Outline."  Awesome! My recent gun story (Feb. 2) didn't get that many views. Not as exciting as I thought. (Hee hee)  Or perhaps the blip represents all my facebook friends checking me out, and then the normal decay of interest afterwards. Or perhaps the peoples are waiting for me to start publishing the first part of my book (maybe in another month or so ...).

The audience right now is mostly from the US, while some 10% of views are coming from Malaysia. Whattup with that? I'm happy to get viewers from anywhere (as long as you're not some roaming searchbot). To my new Malaysian friends: Ngi hao!

Basically, since my blog is starting out, it's getting very little views. 130 total in 35 days is almost 10 views a day. We'll check again in a year.

For comparison, here are stats on my other two blogs:



The "Word of Mel" is my main writing blog. It's more established. It's getting 10 times as many views as my Mormon blog. Also note how only one recent post made it into the top 5 favorite posts. And I have viewers from all around the world. 100 views a day still isn't crazy cuckoo popular, but it's still enough to see interesting stats.

My economy blog is basically dead. It's the blog I neglect unless I get really riled up on an economic subject. Neglected blogs don't get very many views.

I'd be happy for this Mormon blog to do at least as well as my writing blog, and not die out like my economic blog.

We'll see how it goes. Thanks for reading. Tell your friends. More good stuff is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment