Sunday, July 1, 2018

How to Keep People in the Church

This post is more of an announcement than anything else. I feel impressed to spend more time on this blog, as there is much to be said, and I may offer a unique perspective.

Most recently, I have been concerned by the news of friends leaving the church (whether it be LDS, Christianity, or all religion altogether) for all kinds of different reasons. In addition, I've had my own recent struggles, giving me new perspective on this issue.

Thus I would like to launch a series of posts touching on why people leave, and what can be done about it. With the realization that some topics might be on the interesting side, remember that my intentions are to help to strengthen testimonies, identify ways to reach out to those who left, and to discuss how to help current members maintain their activity.

With this announcement, here are the following plans for this blog:
  • Continue working on the "Why I'm A Mormon" book.
  • Finish the series on Self Reliance principles.
  • Explore how to strengthen the membership of the Church.
  • Present a few works of LDS fiction.
  • Continue to discuss random religious topics.

UPDATE: This is a list of all the posts tied into this "How to Keep People in the Church" series. I'll update this list when I introduce more posts.
  • It Is Well with My Soul -- this includes the story about how close I came to leaving the Church and what saved me
  • Judge Not -- how we're living in an unforgiving and judgmental nation, and how we can use a nonjudgmental attitude to help people stay in church
  • The Cop at the Corner -- introduces the concept of making decisions that punish people rather than solving the true underlying problems
  • The Eclipse Testimony -- how a small increase in knowledge goes a long way

No comments:

Post a Comment