Sunday, July 18, 2021

Looking Back on Spiritual Thoughts


It's been almost a full year that I've been doing weekly spiritual thoughts ... and then a vacation happens, I miss a couple of weeks, and now I'm rethinking.

Overall, it's been a fun campaign. Some of my posts were pretty decent and thought-provoking. Others were kind of meh. Sometimes I felt that I was just checking off a box -- picking some random topic and blah-blah-blah-ing for 30 minutes. And sometimes I felt that I had more to say.

It's also gotten my post count up -- 2021 is already my biggest year -- more posts in this blog than in any other year. But now, looking back, I see absolutely zero progress in my other projects planned for this blog -- such as my upcoming "The Adventures of Elder Elder and Elder Benjamin" series, and my unnamed "Why I'm a Mormon" book. Also, I want to make sure that everything I produce is quality instead of quantity, so you'll feel like you're actually getting something when you read my blog.

So, instituting changes -- I'll continue having 30-minute sessions (or up to 60-minutes) each Sunday in which I'm working on something, and then when I finish something, I'll post. And I'll also make sure to include monthly spiritual thoughts (instead of weekly) to make sure you get at least one post a month. It'll be fewer posts, but overall, I hope it increases the quality -- and we can have more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment